Polymorit has a particular interest in Pressure Care for patients who are at risk of acquiring Pressure sores or who need treatment & are recovering from them. Many of these conditions are avoidable and increasingly the regulations applying to care providers are focussing on whether everything possible was done to prevent the patient from acquiring pressure sores. If there are tools available for the care of patients which are not being made use of, and the patient acquires a pressure sore, then this would be classed as an avoidable incident and could result in the care provider failing to pass an inspection.
We are excited about the technological breakthrough offered by the Airospring range of pressure relieving cushions and mattress overlays utilising the patented 3D Spacer fabric. This project was developed over a 6 year period in conjunction with the University of Bolton and a team of textile specialists. The construction of the material combines 2 separately knitted fabrics with connecting strands that provide the optimum spring effect to support the user. The result is a product which performs like the best foams and gels, but is superior to both in many respects:
- Considerably lighter, so easier to carry
- Not sealed in plastic, so completely breathable and does not cause sweating
- Keeps fragile skin cool and dry
- The whole product is fully washable for decontamination
- Isotropic construction allows the elasticated cushion cover to move in all directions, creating maximum support with minimum sheer, thereby protecting fragile skin.
If you are not already using Airospring pressure care products, you are missing a vital piece of equipment in the toolkit available to care providers.